Forgetting the Ox, and Other News!
Updated: Jul 28, 2021
I have so much good news to share, but I will be brief (for now):
· On September 2, Gordy Fine Art and Framing will open a sale of my ink drawings: Forgetting the Ox: Drawings by Jeff Brackett. I will say more about the title during my artist talk. For now, you can read more about the Ox-herding pictures here.
First, be sure to check out the artist talk by Chet Geiselman on August 5 at 6:15pm. Chet does amazing wood sculptures, some of which are currently at Gordy Fine Art and Framing.
[Image #7: Forgetting the Ox]
· I’ve been working on new pieces for the show for several months now, though I haven’t posted it online. If you’re in town, stop in and say “Hello" -- a 36x60” drawing needs to be seen in person, not in a thumbnail online. And, there will be plenty of surprises – work that no one outside my household has seen (hint: one is a HUGE piece, the largest I've ever made).
· I’ve also been working small – 3.5” squares, circles and more.
· I put together a new website, and have finally merged my newsletter and blog into a single location. I’ll begin my regular blogging, discussing familiar themes: Art, Asperger Syndrome, Academia, and Buddhism (among other topics).
· I have migrated all of my blog posts from my Substack blog to my new website, so feel free to browse earlier posts.
· I’ll be adding a lot more art to my website before the show, but not everything – as I said, there will be plenty of surprises!
That’s all for now – stay tuned for regular updates and lots more art!
Thanks for reading!
Sign-up for my newsletter for regular updates -- click the button on your screen.